You are Traveler? Traveling during the Covid-19 Outbreak
Traveling is a necessity for every human being. Traveling can be defined as the activity of moving from point A to point B. Traveling provides refreshment for our emotions and souls. It's just as far as the points you want to go. When you want to go to a location that is approximately a full 16 hour journey (this travel time is as far as traveling to Europe), of course you need separate preparation so that your trip is comfortable, enjoyable, and of course you get an extraordinary experience. Yes, of course this can be enjoyed when the plague ends. The Corona virus outbreak has been going on for quite a long time and is real before our eyes. Almost all countries have declared the virus a Global Pandemic Disease and are taking measures to restrict visits to their countries. The year 2020 can be said to be the year of the tourists laying down.
I am one of the tourists affected by the Covid-19 virus. So I actually have a plane ticket complete with accommodation along with local transportation to several eastern European destinations this April with Turkish Airlines. I bought it a few months ago for my fun too. It was a non-refundable ticket (at that time it cost 7 million per person pp). Initially, my family and I were determined to go because we were sure that the virus would end at the end of March. It seems that the reality shows the opposite result, so that the traveling agenda must be postponed or canceled.
For those of you who have a fate like me, already have a ticket and may have already arranged for a Schengen visa, here I share information that we can pay attention to by looking at current conditions Some important points that you need to pay attention to during the Covid-19 Outbreak:
- Diligently read and refresh the airlines website that you use (it can change every day). It could be that tickets that you think are forfeited will later be refunded due to policy changes.
- If you buy a plane ticket through a travel agent, all processes must go through the travel agent. Cannot go directly to airlines. Including websites that provide online tickets is also included in the travel agent category.
- The policy is submitted to the airline so there may be a reschedule / refund fee if it is via direct airlines as well as via travel agents, this varies. Especially if the ticket class is different for the rebooking case.
- Because everything is excited, make sure your emotions stay calm when you contact the call center. Remember that both the passenger and the company are only victims, no one benefits at this point.
- Only tickets to countries experiencing travel restriction can be processed. So don't push luck, for example, your ticket to Australia (because until now it is still considered relatively safe). It is better if you pay attention to the country where your destination is entered or not in the travel restriction.
- Some hotel accommodations allow refunds even though we book a non-refundable room.
Several countries that have implemented travel restriction:
- Europe (the entire Schengen area 26 countries are closed to tourists) including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Asia (Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam)
- Australia and New Zealand
- Middle East (Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia)
- Almost all continents around the world have implemented travel restrictions (travel restriction)
May things return to normal, the country re-opens itself to tourist visits, and you and I are happy again !! Greetings Traveler!
Romi Ilham, S.Kom., M.M.
Lecture STIE Perbanas Surabaya